Every month, I receive questions about real estate and I am always happy to answer them. If I publish your question, you’ll receive a gift card for Perry’s Steak House as my way of saying thank you for asking me!

Asking a question is easy!

Just visit DaleRoss.com and click on “Contact Me” or call 281-599-6575.


This month’s question was sent in by Charles. Thank you, Charles! Enjoy your steak!

Q: Should I provide my existing survey for the buyer to use when they purchase my home?

A: Hi Charles, The Texas Earnest Money Agreement allows a seller to provide an existing survey to the purchaser of a home. The seller must attest on a sworn affidavit as to whether any changes to the property, which might affect the survey, have been made since the survey was performed and the buyer’s mortgage company and the title company must approve the survey for the transaction or a new survey will be required.

As I am very conservative about protecting your future liability, I do not recommend my clients provide an existing survey because there is slight liability associated with using an old survey. Other real estate agents may have a different opinion. 

If you have a real estate question that you would like answered please mail it to rdr@daleross.com or call me at 281-599-6575.